- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 6 cups shredded romaine, or acceptable lettuce
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning found here
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Place four 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Place the tortillas in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove tortillas from cups to cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, beans, tomato, cheese, onions, olives and jalapenos if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad ; toss to coat. Serve in tortilla bowls.