I was correct! I now have a feeling that I will be expected to make this dish every year.
It's good for summer time cookout too. You can complete the last step on the grill as called for, or not. At the reunion, I didn't and it turned out great! I simply added the BBQ sauce to the crock pot instead.
Dinner Tonight is:
Slow Cooker Ribs
Corn on the Cob
Freshly cubed watermelon
Slow Cooker Ribs Ingredients:
- 3.5 lbs of pork loin back ribs
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion, sliced in strips
- 1/2 cup cola carbonated beverage
- 1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce
1. Spray inside of a 5 qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove outer skin from ribs.
2. In small bowl, mix garlic, brown sugar, pepper and liquid smoke. Rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs in 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in the slow cooker. Pour carbonated beverage over ribs.
3. Cover; cook on low heat for 8 hours.
4. Heat grill. Remove ribs from slow cooker; drain and discard liquid. Place ribs on grill over medium heat; brush with BBQ sauce. Cover grill. Cook 15 minutes.
Corn on the Cob:
Ears of corn, husked
Beat together one stick softened salted butter, two cloves garlic, one teaspoon pepper and one teaspoon dried dill. The result is amazing on corn.
- Soak ears of corn for 15 minutes in water.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess water.
- Rub seasoned butter lavishly over corn.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and grill over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and cut
- 8 oz sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small purple onion, cut
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- squirt of dijon mustard
- Greek seasoning
1. Add cucumber, tomatoes, and onion to a bowl.
2. In a small bowl add red wine vinegar and dijon mustard. Whisk until miked well. Add oil and whisk.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve; pour dressing mixture over cucumbers and tomatoes. Add Greek Seasoning to taste. Toss.